I use Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF CBT) to help kids heal from trauma. I am a nationally certified TF CBT therapist.
The TF CBT Progression:
- TF CBT involves the caregiver, most often a parent, through psycho education, coaching, and conjoint sessions.
- Typically, TF CBT interventions are around 13, one-hour sessions.
- Early on, the client (child) is taught emotional and physical regulation skills and cognitive processing.
- Then the client and I produce a trauma narrative. (The most important part of TF CBT.)
- The parent or caregiver is brought in for a conjoint parent-child session. The child presents the narrative.
- Closure with enhancing safety and developmental trajectory.
If your 6- to 18-year-old has been sexually abused, witnessed an accident, been bullied, or any other simple or complex trauma, I can help. I do not see children for non-trauma related issues.